Devigarh Spa Resort, Udaipur
Location : Situated 26 kms North-East of Udaipur.
Star Rating :Heritage
Total Rooms : 23 Rooms
Amenities :Front Desk, Bar, Restaurant, Lounge, Coffee Shop, ....
Servicies : Laundry, Medical, Boutiques, Currency Exchange, Express Check-In,...
About Devigarh Spa Resort
Tucked away in the age-old Aravali hills of Rajasthan, the 18th century Devi Garh Fort Palace, in the village of Delwara commands one of the three main passes into the valley of Udaipur. Sajja Singh, who hailed from the neighbouring state of Gujarat, was awarded this strategically significant principality, in recognition of his bravery and loyalty to Maharana Pratap against the Mughal emperor Akbar, at the battle of Haldighati (1576). The actual construction of the fort palace started only in the 1760s, under Raghudev Singh II, with further additions being made to the structure by the rulers who followed. The palace was absorbed into the state of Rajasthan in the 1960s, and was subsequently abandoned.
Situated 26 kilometers North-East of Udaipur, Devi Garh is a convenient 45 minutes' scenic drive from the city. The fort, surrounded by lush green fields and mountains on three sides, overlooks the village of Delwara and is close to the temples of Eklingji and Nagda. The combination of a traditional Rajasthani village, the towering fort and the temples, makes for an interesting mix.
Udaipur is easily accessible via air from Delhi or Mumbai, with convenient road and rail connections too. Local taxis are easily available from the airport or train station to transport guests to Devi Garh. Alternatively the hotel can organise a car to pick up the guests upon their arrival at Udaipur, if they so desire.
Front Desk, Bar, Restaurant, Lounge, Coffee Shop, Room Service, Room-Service 24 Hours, Handicap Facilities, Jacuzzi, Sauna, Meeting Facilities, Non Smoking, Satellite TV
Laundry, Medical, Boutiques, Currency Exchange, Express Check-In, Express Check-Out, Front Desk-24 Hours, Guest Laundromat, Luggage Storage, Wake up service.
All of the 23 suites at Devi Garh are unique; luxurious and beautiful, yet equipped with the most modern of conveniences to make a guest feel totally at home. Most suites include an individual terrace or garden. The premium suite, called the Devi Garh suite, has a swimming pool and a jacuzzi, of its own. Each suite is embellished with marble and semi-precious stones, while the public spaces are designed around different metals. Six tents are also available on request from October to March.
Each room at Devi Garh is a compact accommodation unit in itself, offering;Private dining areas Minibar Air-conditioning and heating In-room safe Marble Bathtub Individual shower cubicle CD Player Satellite Television.
Devi Garh, away from the stress of the city, is a perfect place to optimize your well-being. We aim to soothe your body, stimulate your mind strengthen your spirit.
Combined with the gymnasium, steam, sauna, jacuzzi, and beauty parlour, we offer something more profound: complete Ayurvedic therapies. Ayurveda is a traditional Indian form of Holistic medicine, which has been handed down over the centuries by ancient physicians. This gentle science, using natural remedies has evolved a system of complete healthcare. Our therapists use medicated oils and herbal pastes for different therapies- ranging from relaxing massages to complex treatments.
For the renewal of your energies, one needs an environment of total harmony to reach inner peace. The calming effects of our white rooms is further enhanced by experiencing Yoga (control on the body, breath and mind) and Dhyana (meditation) on the ramparts of the Palace, at the time of sunrise. Throughout your stay healing powers of the enveloping silence is broken occasionally by the sounds of running water in the courtyards.
Make your holiday a complete one. Leave rejuvenated and refreshed; with your individual self in harmony with the universal self.
- The driver Krishna was outstanding, polite, well-dressed and very patient. The road conditions were hazardous at times, but he negotiated them very capably. This is the second time I have used your company and I am extremely satisfied with your service. I will continue to recommend your company to colleagues visiting India and will be in touch for my next trip.......said Randy Bindra, USA travelled through us from 04 Mar. to 09 Mar. 2013
- We would like to thank you and your colleagues for a very well organised three week holiday. We thoroughly enjoyed it and everything worked very well. The overnight on the houseboat was a wonderful experience, it was such a change from being on the busy road, and to have the peace, silence and tranquillity for nearly 24 hours was indeed very nice. So, we can also recommend that and the two crew were very good indeed, and we thoroughly enjoyed the meals they provided for us. It was really good experience..........said Ketty Tomes, UK travelled through us from 28 Jan. to 17 Feb. 2013
- Thank you very much for great trip in India. My 4th trip to India has made that I'm more addicted to India than I was before (I thought that I couldn't be more addicted but I was wrong). I tell only positive things to all my friends about my trip and TSI. Maybe my girl friend decides to visit South India with 3 other girls. I also look forward to visit Ladakh and Kashmir.........said Robert, Poland travelled through us from 29 Jan. to 13 Feb. 2013
- Dear Manoj,
Everyone is safely home again after our spice discovery tour, and we can definitely consider it one of our successes. Once again you won everyone's hearts with your thoughtfulness and thoroughness in all our activities. I don't know how we would have coped with the flight cancellations between Udaipur and Madurai if you had not been there to sort it out! ..............said Liz and Ian, Australia travelled through us from 13 Jan. to 29 Jan. 2013
- Dear Manoj,
Our tour of your wonderful country was fantastic. I was returning, after 36 years, but it was Helen's first time and she loved every minute of the amazing journey. Our precious eighteen days seemed to stretch - there was so much to see and do! Each night we went to bed tired, and occasionally exhausted. And so, we really appreciated the extra effort made by all the Indian hotels to provide us with additional length in our double beds. Thanks you for making those arrangements. We were always very comfortable at night so we woke up refreshed, ready to enjoy the delights of the next day.........said Helen & Richard Walker, Australia travelled through us from 13 Jan. to 29 Jan. 2013
- We just want to thank for the amazing service provided to us. We are very happy and impressed with all assistance and support you gave us during the whole trip......said Manha Cleusa, Brazil travelled through us from 22 Oct. to 02 Nov. 2012
- We have enjoyed our trip to India and will certainly recommend TSI to any friends who wish to visit your beautiful country.....Dr. Chanvit, Thailand travelled through us from 11 Feb. to 20 Feb. 2012