How Much Will It Cost
Prices will vary depending on where you live and the spa's luxury factor. A smaller day spa outside a major city will have lower prices: a fifty minute Swedish massage for $75; a European facial for $65; a half-hour body scrub for $40. Prices at a more luxurious spa in a bigger city might be $95 for the massage; $90 for the facial; and $60 for the half-hour scrub. Manicures range between $20 and $35; pedicures between $45 and $65.
Destination spas can vary a great deal in the luxuries and amenities they offer, so there is a wide price range. Prices begin at around $200 per person, per night (double occupancy), including meals and some treatments, for more rustic destination spas, usually with a two-night minimum. A top-of-the-line spa like Ananda Spa Resort has a three-night minimum and can run $600 per person, per night (double occupancy) including meals and some treatments. And once you get there, you'll probably want more services and treatments than come with your allowance.
Always check to see what's included. Meals? Treatments? Tax? Service fees? And some resort spas even charge extra for yoga or aerobic classes
You can save by traveling off-season, planning your stay during the week rather than on weekends, and looking for special bring-a-friend programs. You can also make the most of your time by arriving early in the morning on your first day and leaving late your last day.
Saving On Your Spa Holidays
How do you make sure you're getting the best price on a spa vacation?
First, make sure you understand what kind of spa you're visiting, and what's included. A destination spa can be expensive, with prices ranging from $150 to $600 a day per person. But that includes all your meals, most classes and activities, and may even include some spa treatments like massage or facials. Always check to see if tax and service fees are included. They can add a hefty 25%. And you're likely to want more treatments, so budget that in.
A spa resort, on the other hand, might have an alluring room rate of $150 a night, a great golf course and six swimming pools. But you'll be paying for all your meals and treatments. They won't offer as many exercise classes. And you may have to pay $10 or $15 for every yoga class you want to take - or even to have access to the gym and steam room.
Here are some money-saving tips:
* Stay during the week for the lowest rates. Destination spas usually have a three-night minimum. A Thursday night arrival will cost more than a Sunday night arrival.
* Travel off-season. In the Northern part of India , rates are higher in the winter, lower in the summer. It's the reverse in the Southern part of India and Goa.
* If there is a particular spa you want to experience, get in touch with us. We will let you know about any special savings programs.
* Look at destination spas that are known for good value, like the Ananda in Rishikesh, Amar Vilas Agra, Pousada Tauma Goa etc. . They are rustic, but offer a healthy holiday at an affordable price.
* Some spas are copying the airlines with "frequent spa-er" programs.Ananda Spa Resort in Rishikesh, Amar Vilas Agra, Golden Palms Bangalore etc offer these facilities.
* Deals are always changing. Get in Touch with us by calling our 24 hour helpline number +91-11-49 900 900, +919873100810 or send us a mail at email@example.com
- The driver Krishna was outstanding, polite, well-dressed and very patient. The road conditions were hazardous at times, but he negotiated them very capably. This is the second time I have used your company and I am extremely satisfied with your service. I will continue to recommend your company to colleagues visiting India and will be in touch for my next trip.......said Randy Bindra, USA travelled through us from 04 Mar. to 09 Mar. 2013
- We would like to thank you and your colleagues for a very well organised three week holiday. We thoroughly enjoyed it and everything worked very well. The overnight on the houseboat was a wonderful experience, it was such a change from being on the busy road, and to have the peace, silence and tranquillity for nearly 24 hours was indeed very nice. So, we can also recommend that and the two crew were very good indeed, and we thoroughly enjoyed the meals they provided for us. It was really good experience..........said Ketty Tomes, UK travelled through us from 28 Jan. to 17 Feb. 2013
- Thank you very much for great trip in India. My 4th trip to India has made that I'm more addicted to India than I was before (I thought that I couldn't be more addicted but I was wrong). I tell only positive things to all my friends about my trip and TSI. Maybe my girl friend decides to visit South India with 3 other girls. I also look forward to visit Ladakh and Kashmir.........said Robert, Poland travelled through us from 29 Jan. to 13 Feb. 2013
- Dear Manoj,
Everyone is safely home again after our spice discovery tour, and we can definitely consider it one of our successes. Once again you won everyone's hearts with your thoughtfulness and thoroughness in all our activities. I don't know how we would have coped with the flight cancellations between Udaipur and Madurai if you had not been there to sort it out! ..............said Liz and Ian, Australia travelled through us from 13 Jan. to 29 Jan. 2013
- Dear Manoj,
Our tour of your wonderful country was fantastic. I was returning, after 36 years, but it was Helen's first time and she loved every minute of the amazing journey. Our precious eighteen days seemed to stretch - there was so much to see and do! Each night we went to bed tired, and occasionally exhausted. And so, we really appreciated the extra effort made by all the Indian hotels to provide us with additional length in our double beds. Thanks you for making those arrangements. We were always very comfortable at night so we woke up refreshed, ready to enjoy the delights of the next day.........said Helen & Richard Walker, Australia travelled through us from 13 Jan. to 29 Jan. 2013
- We just want to thank for the amazing service provided to us. We are very happy and impressed with all assistance and support you gave us during the whole trip......said Manha Cleusa, Brazil travelled through us from 22 Oct. to 02 Nov. 2012
- We have enjoyed our trip to India and will certainly recommend TSI to any friends who wish to visit your beautiful country.....Dr. Chanvit, Thailand travelled through us from 11 Feb. to 20 Feb. 2012