Types of Spas
There are several types of spas: day spa; salon/spa; destination spa; resort spa; hotel spa; club and medispa.
The day spa offers spa treatments, such as massages, facials and body treatments, on a day-use basis. Most offer manicures and pedicures as well. Many hair salons have added day spas, which allow you to combine spa and beauty services in one day.
Facilities will vary at day spas, but most have treatment rooms, a mediation or waiting room, and a locker room with showers. A "wet room" is a tiled room with special shower facilities for more elaborate body treatments. Hydrotherapy tubs are not that common at day spas, but desirable.
The Destination Spa offers a complete spa experience in an overnight setting (most require a two or three-night minimum stay.) Its sole purpose is to provide mind and body fitness, healthy eating, spa treatments and relaxation.
There is a great range in terms of size, style and luxury, but the facilities should be more elaborate and extensive than the average days spa. Ideally it will have hydrotherapy tubs, wet rooms, steambaths, saunas and some unusual treatments. Expect a wide selection of exercise and stress reduction classes, as well as outdoor activities. It should have gyms for working out, swimming pools, tennis courts, and sometimes Pilates studios. Classes and lectures are part of the programming. Healthy spa cuisine is generally included in the price. While some treatments are included, you will probably want additional services. Some destination spas allow non-guests to book services on a day use basis. Others are limited to guests.
The Resort Spa is a facility that is just one of the many guest amenities at the resort, not the sole or primary attraction. This can be a good choice when one person loves spas and the other loves golf. Check your package: treatments and exercise classes may not be included. Meals are almost certainly a la carte. While there will be some spa cuisine, you can wash down your steak with a bottle of wine. (Some destination spas forbid alcohol.)
The Club spa is attached to a fitness club, and the Hotel Spa is generally a luxury facility attached to an upscale urban hotel. Finally, the medispa has been popping up in large cities. It offers treatments that require a doctor's supervision, such as laser resurfacing and Botox injections, in addition to traditional spa services.
- We chose TSI because they are experts in trips for all ASIA. We planned our honeymoon over Sri LANKA and Maldives with them because they give the best tips, value, conditions, hotels and service for the trip. You have a choffer exclusively for you during all trip, and drop you in the best restaurants, shops and places. choosing TSI is choosing quality rigor, seriousness, profesionalness. .......Guillermo Pombo ,SPAIN
- I have travelled to India with TSI many times because I have full confidence in their superior communication ability to understand my requirements. They are able to make suggestions and answer queries without fear or favour which is very valuable when I organise my small group tours and need their expertise. They have a great team of experienced and young agents who are efficient and empathetic to general enquiries and are always there to support me when I am on tour. Whether emailing from Australia or phoning from India I consider them an integral part of my tour operation. I thank them all most sincerely and congratulate them for a superior and high standard of work and friendship.......... Marnie Barter ,Melbourne, Australia
- We had a marvelous trip to India with TSI. All arrangements like hotel, driver, sightseeings etc. that were organized by them were perfect. On a regular base during our trip the head office of TSI called us to inform if we were still satisfied by the services they provide. And yes, of course we were. Thanks TSI for the gift of a perfect memory......... John Bregman ,NETHERLANDS
- It was an amazing trip. I feel very comfortable and safe with my driver and guides. My guides were warm, welcoming and very knowledgeable. My appreciation for India has increased immensely. I will be returning to India next year and will use TSI's services again. ......... Robin Everett ,USA
- Just a short message to tell you that we are now back to France, after our wonderful stay in India. Everything was so well organized, we were very satisfied with the services of the drivers and guides, and we were happy about our intensive visiting program. We are really fascinated by your beautiful country.........Mihaela and Cornelia ,France
- A very well organised roundtrip through a beautiful country. Nice excursions and still plenty of free time. Very good and friendly driver, who was giving us a lot of extra information and showed us the most beautiful places. India was a very holiday for us thanks to TSI......Nico van der Sluijs ,NETHERLANDS
- It has been a great experience for us to visit india .All trip has been well organized and it has covered our expectations .You(Travel Spirit international) are A very good travel agency and we will comment it to our country’s travel agency. We have been assisted excellently in every moment.The hotels during the whole trip have been very comfortable and nice. The driver Pawan has been on time,and polite ,perfect driver..... Mr. Albert Roig ,Spain